Job title Controller
Req ID 34860BR
Job category Operations
Sub-category Operations & Maintenance
Countries (State/Region) United States – Oklahoma
Role synopsis The Pipeline Controller will play a key role in monitoring, conducting, and maintaining safe and efficient pipeline operations in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements.
Key accountabilities – Monitor and control multiple pipeline systems remotely
– Respond, anticipate and make assessments for any problems encountered on the pipeline.
– Respond to emergency situations as outlined in the contingency plan.
– Manage pumping schedules emphasizing efficiencies such as power op and unit selection.
– Ability to manage multiple tasks and requests simultaneously.
– Update, record and configure data and information for scheduling/ accounting purposes.
– Thoroughly comprehend and understand pipeline operations and SCADA systems.
– Complete compliance and regulatory training.
– Commit and participate in the Team process and support any Tulsa Control Center and pipeline improvement initiatives
– Travel may be required for extended periods of time for training purposes or to assist with operations transitioning.
– Cross-training will be required
– Maintain proficiency by rotating consoles on a regular basis (minimum of two console operations).
Essential Education – High School Diploma or equivalent.
Essential experience and job requirements – Proficiency in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Office Suite.
Other essential skills and knowledge – Candidate must be dedicated to working in a team environment.
Desirable criteria & qualifications Previous pipeline experience desired but not required.
Relocation available No
Travel required Negligible travel
Is this a part time position? No
About BP US Pipelines and Logistics (USPL’s) strategy is to create integrated logistics value for BP by maintaining high pipeline, terminal and transportation availability, storage flexibility for trading. It is a pipeline transportation company that owns and operates liquid pipelines and terminal facilities throughout the United States. Employing more than 1200 employees, USPL safely transports millions of barrels per day of oil, refined products, natural gas liquids, carbon dioxide and chemicals throughout the US. The Terminal facilities are light-oil terminals, most of which produce custom blends of gasoline. Additionally, USPL interacts with a number of BP segments including Exploration & Production, Integrated Supply & Trading, and Refining & Marketing as well as third party shippers. USPL is also a partner in several joint ventures. In support of these interactions, we maintain a strong business relationship with internal and external customers.
Disclaimer If you are selected for the position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and alcohol screening if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
BP is an equal opportunity employer.
Removal Date 02-Jul-2012
If you are interested in this position, you must respond online. No phone, fax or email inquiries from potential applicants, external recruiters or other interested parties, please.