|Job is available in these locations:
||Buckeye, New Mexico, USA
Eunice, New Mexico, USA
Hobbs, New Mexico, USA
Jal, New Mexico, USA
Lovington, New Mexico, USA
Velma, Oklahoma, USA
Crane, Texas, USA
Fort Stockton, Texas, USA
Lamesa, Texas, USA
Odessa, Texas, USA
Ozona, Texas, USA
Pampa, Texas, USA
||Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron North America Exploration and Production Company, Midcontinent Alaska Business Unit is accepting online applications for the position of Trainee for the Field Management Teams located near Aztek, NM; Buckeye, NM; Eunice, NM; Hobbs, NM; Jal, NM; Lovington, NM; Velma, OK; Crane, TX; Fort Stockton, TX; Lamesa, TX; McAllen, TX; Midland,TX; Odessa, TX; Ozona, TX; Pampa,TX; through June 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time).
This is a full time six month entry level “Training” position designed to develop and achieve demonstrated field or plant operations competency required to assume the responsibility of operating and maintaining pneumatic and electronic equipment associated with electrical rotating and compression equipment as well as separation equipment utilized in Oil and Gas production, gathering, separation and extraction processes. Once competency is achieved the successful candidate will be promoted into either a Field or Plant Specialist “B” position.
The expectations for this position are:
• Demonstrate The Chevron Way Behaviors to include but not limited to:
• Protecting People& Environment
• High Performance
• Actively engaged in the Trainee Training Program as defined in Chevron’s Competency Management System (CMS).
• Actively engaged with a company assigned Mentor.
• Successful completion of all required trainee computer base training.
• Successful completion of all required trainee classroom training.
• Achieve demonstrated Field or Plant Specialist-B level competency within a 6 month period.
• Once promoted to either the Field or Plant Specialist-B status actively seek an “A” level position through the Chevron employee posting process, within the designated geographic area.
||Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCABU Managing Safe Work and Operational Excellence Management System.
- Attend specialized training designed to develop the competency to operate, maintain and monitor current production process, rotating and compression equipment.
- Partner with local Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Mentor to reinforce training and strengthen competency.
- Develop the competencies to obtain the ability to deliver adherence to Chevron’s Operational Excellence, quality standard operating procedures (QSOP) and regulatory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Military Occupational Specialty in: Instrumentation, Electrical or Mechanical.
- Separated from the military within the last 2 years.
- Separated from the military within the last 5 years with oil & gas experience.
- Must live within 50 miles of the work place or be willing to relocate and posses a valid driver’s license. Company vehicle will not be available for personal commute.
- Ability and willingness to work weekends and holidays based on assigned work schedule.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- Ability to successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
- Military rank of E4 or higher.
- Separated from the military within the last 6 months.
- Previous Oil and Gas production operations or process experience or basic awareness.
- Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and process related issues.
- Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation.
- Associates of Applied Science technology degree in Petroleum, Process, Natural Gas Compression, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical, Industrial Maintenance or Mechanical.
- Prefer GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new software applications.
Relocation benefits and assignment costs will be a consideration for this position.
Expatriate assignment will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.