Req Id 2101 – United States – Louisiana – Field Operations
Tervita is a leading North American environmental and energy services company. Our 4,500 dedicated employees partner with natural resource and industrial companies who share our values and work with them to create a sustainable future. Safety is our highest priority: it influences our actions, guides our decisions and shapes our culture. We maintain a strategically located network of more than 95 state-of-the-art waste management facilities and a fleet of specialized equipment and assets to help customers address production and operational waste challenges. Our highly effective, convenient and environmentally sound solutions help minimize environmental impact and maximize returns.
A privately-held company, we’ve been known for the past 25 years by the brands of our founding companies: CCS, Hazco, Beck, Concord and others. By joining together our individual expertise, experience, assets and services, we will be uniquely positioned to develop integrated project management solutions and provide customers easier access to our broad range of comprehensive services.
anagement has developed these standards to clearly define and state to the Operator what senior management expects of him. This document will explain the minimum standards the Operator must meet in his work. This document will also state the limitations that have been placed on the responsibilities and authority of the Offshore Operator.
The core areas of accountability include but are not limited to:
· Ensure that all facets of your duties are performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
· Ensure that work under their control is conducted in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
· Responsible for equipment upkeep before, during or after job.
· Responsible for operation and troubleshooting of offshore process.
· ust help keep accurate log of job.
· Responsible for keeping track of toolbox inventory supplies and condition of tools.
· Responsible for rig-up and rig-down of offshore equipment.
· Assist with testing of Oil and Grease, pH, fluid weight, and Chlorides testing throughout the job. (These results will be logged on job log sheet)
· Will be required to clean equipment after job and any maintenance on system before it can be sent on another job.
· Responsible for arriving at Heliport or Boat Dock on time. A peer evaluation of the condition each employee shows up in, at the location is expected. Personnel must be capable of passing a random drug and alcohol screening. If an employee (Tervita or Contract) is not suitable for work, a phone call is to be placed immediately to the Operations anager or Field Coordinator.
· Responsible for utilization your personal PPE required for the job.
· Responsible for any missing tools, if tools are replaced, the cost will be deducted from your day bonus.
· Will follow and enforce customer policies regarding TV time, sleeping policies, phone calls, galley policies, housekeeping, etc…
· Complete any Safety Forms applicable to your position such as: JSA’s, Observation Forms, etc.
· Inform the Lead or Shift Operator regarding any trouble, problems regarding the job.
· Turn in job or work related expenses in a timely and accurate manner.
Essential Qualifications are the qualifications necessary in fulfilling the responsibilities of this position, they are as follows:
· Minimum of 6 months experience in offshore related operations and equipment or a combination of skill and/or experience acceptable to upper management.
· Ability to understand the Company’s equipment and services.
· Good communication skills.
· Initiative in problem solving.
· Responsible attitude toward work.
· Availability via telephone, to respond within one hour 24 hrs a day 7 days a week.
· ust have dependable transportation to and from job sites.
· Able to travel via crew boat or helicopter to offshore locations.
· Able to climb ladders and negotiate walkways, etc. as commonly found on oil and gas field rigs and production platforms throughout the Gulf of exico.
· ust be able to lift goods weighing 65lbs.
· Able to swing from a swing rope.
· Able to travel on a Personnel Basket.
· ust be able to climb stairs.
· Able to work outdoors in inclement weather.
· You will be expected to exercise reasonable judgment , and use your “stop Authority”, by stopping any activity that poses a danger to personnel or equipment
Tervita Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or Provincial law or local ordinance.
Applicants who are extended an employment offer will be required to complete a pre-employment background check. All employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of this pre-employment process.